Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Honda Civic GPS - how to enable
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Honda Civic GPS - how to enable

Honda Civic GPS - how to enable 4 years, 8 months ago #5586

  • omypet
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • Newbie
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: 0
Good day,
I've just bought a 2nd hand Honda Civic 2007 AT but the GPS don't work yet as according to the previous owner it needs to be activated since they haven't use the GPS.
Anyone could help where to bring this matter aside from Honda to avoid too much charges or what shall I do just to enable the GPS functions.
Thanks.

Re: Honda Civic GPS - how to enable 4 years, 8 months ago #5589

  • mailboxck
  • ( Visitor )
omypet wrote:
Good day,
I've just bought a 2nd hand Honda Civic 2007 AT but the GPS don't work yet as according to the previous owner it needs to be activated since they haven't use the GPS.
Anyone could help where to bring this matter aside from Honda to avoid too much charges or what shall I do just to enable the GPS functions.
Thanks.

I own a 2006 Honda Civic which is the same model as yours. It doesn't come with GPS in its entire 6 year life cycle. Maybe they installed an after market headunit with a GPS unit built-in.

Re: Honda Civic GPS - how to enable 4 years, 8 months ago #5590

  • omypet
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • Newbie
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: 0
Thanks sir for the info, so no choice other than changing the unit lol..

Re: Honda Civic GPS - how to enable 4 years, 8 months ago #5593

  • mailboxck
  • ( Visitor )
omypet wrote:
Thanks sir for the info, so no choice other than changing the unit lol..

Try to find out where they bought the unit. GPS devices don't necessarily have to be activated to work. Try looking for the owners manual.

Also, if the original owner of the Civic is telling you that the GPS device came from Honda, they're obviously lying. Be careful and check the car thoroughly as they might have hidden some details from you.

Re: Honda Civic GPS - how to enable 4 years, 8 months ago #5609

  • omypet
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • Newbie
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: 0
mailboxck wrote:
omypet wrote:
Thanks sir for the info, so no choice other than changing the unit lol..

Try to find out where they bought the unit. GPS devices don't necessarily have to be activated to work. Try looking for the owners manual.

Also, if the original owner of the Civic is telling you that the GPS device came from Honda, they're obviously lying. Be careful and check the car thoroughly as they might have hidden some details from you.


You are certainly correct on that. I've been checking online and found out that most of this GPS model came from china. Will try to contact back the previous owner for more details. Thanks Sir.
  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds