As early as 8:00 AM on January 8, 2013 (Tuesday), Katigbak Drive and South Drive will be closed to traffic. Meanwhile, the southbound lane of Quezon Blvd., from Andalucia-Fugoso to Plazda Miranda, España, P. Campa, and Lerma will be closed to PUVs from 4:00 AM onwards on January 9, 2013. But starting 5:00 AM on Wednesday, total closure shall be implemented for the following roads:
NORTH: Campa/España; Nicanor Reyes/España; Andalucia/Fugoso; Recto/Isetann (Service Road); and Raon/Evangelista.
SOUTH: Ma. Orosa/P. Burgos; Lagusnilad/P. Burgos; Taft/Finance/Westbound; A. Villegas/Taft Avenue (LRT); 25th Street/Bonifacio Drive; N.A. Lopez/A. Villegas; Anda Circle/Bonifacio Drive; Gen. Luna/P. Burgos; Roxas Boulevard/T.M. Kalaw; and Katigbak/Roxas Boulevard.
Re-routing Scheme for 2013 Black Nazarene procession:
- All vehicles from Quezon City using the stretch of España shall turn right at P.Campa, left at Andalucia, right at Fugoso, and left at T.Mapua to point of destination.
- All PUJs/light vehicles from España proceeding to South Pier Zone turn left at Nicanor Reyes, right at Recto straight to JAS, left at Reina Regente, take Jones Bridge, and right at Magallanes Drive to point of destination.
- All vehicles from northern part of Manila intending to utilize Bonifacio Drive southbound shall turn right at Roberto S. Oca St., left at Delgado, left at 25th St., left at Bonifacio Drive (for Port Area offices) or right to A. Soriano to Magallanes Drive, right at P.Burgos, and go straight to Lagusnilad to Taft Ave.
- All vehicles from southern part of Manila intending to utilize P. Burgos shall take TM Kalaw, left at Taft Ave., right at A Villegas, and right at Quezon Bridge to point of destination (NOTE: Northbound of Quezon Blvd. is open to traffic).
- All vehicles from southern part of Manila intending to utilize northbound of Roxas Blvd. from P. Ocampo to P. Burgos shall turn right at TM Kalaw and left at Taft Ave. to point of destination.
- All PUJs plying Monumento-Gasak-Recto intending to utilize Andalucia thru Recto shall turn right at Oroqueta to point of origin.
- All vehicles coming from Legarda shall turn right at Recto or left Mendiola to point of destination.
- All vehicles using Taft Ave. northbound shall turn right at A. Villegas (Arroceros) and right at Quezon Bridge to point of destination.
- All heavy vehicles/cargo trucks coming from the south shall take Pres. Osmeña, Pres. Quirino to Nagtahan via AH Lacson to Capulong (vise versa).
- All motorist intending to proceed to North of Manila or South of Manila shall advise to utilize the stretch of AH Lacson to Nagtahan (vise versa) or to utilize stretch of Road-10 to Roxas Blvd. (vise versa) to point of destination.
- All buses coming from eastern part of Manila (G-Liner/RRCG) utilizing Legarda shall turn right at Palanca to Quiapo Ilalim to point of destination.
- All buses coming from Taft going to Fairview shall turn right at UN Ave. up to Otis, left at Nagtahan, go straight through AH Lacson, and right España to point of origin.
- All buses coming from southern part of Manila (Laguna and Cavite) utilizing Taft Ave. are not allowed to enter from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM and allowed only up to Remedios St. and right at San Marcelino back to point of Origin.
Due to the Black Nazarene procession, road closures, and traffic rerouting, the MMDA would also like to warn all motorists to Expect Heavy Traffic along these areas:
- Stretch of Roxas Blvd. / Bonifacio Drive from Anda Circle to TM Kalaw North and Southbound lane.
- Southbound of Quezon Blvd. from Recto to Palanca (Subway-Isetan Recto).
- Stretch of Lerma from P.Campa to Quezon Blvd.
- Taft Ave. / Finance (Westbound lane).
- Lagusnilad / P.Burgos (Westbound lane).
- P.Burgos / Taft Ave. (Freedom Triangle-Northbound lane).
- Villegas / N.A. Lopez.
- 25th Street / Bonifacio Drive (Southbound lane).
The procession will start at the Quirino Grandstand at about 7:00 AM. It will turn right at Katigbak Drive thru P. Burgos, turn left at Taft Ave. and cross the McArthur Bridge. From there, it will turn right at Palanca, pass under Quezon Bridge, left at Quezon Blvd., right at Fraternal, and right again at Vergara. Then, the mob will take a left at Duque de Alba, left at Castillejos, left at Farnecio, right at Arlegui, left at Nepomuceno, left at Aguila, right at Carcer, right at Hidalgo through Plaza Del Carmen, and left at Bilibid Viejo through Puyat. *whew* Stick with me here, we're almost there. In the final stretch, the procession should turn left at Guzman, right at Hidalgo, left at Barbosa, right at Globo de Oro and under Quezon Bridge again, right at Palanca, right at Villalobos, and finally go through Plaza Miranda on to Quiapo Church.